Sunday, February 17, 2013

Layers...


I am so lucky that each year I get to travel to CHA and attend the big trade show.  This year I got an opportunity to look through Dyan Reaveley's journals.  There were several pages that were torn in the journal.  Dyan told me that she just tears the paper out and then sticks it back in when she needs it.

So I thought that I would give this a go.  In the series of pages I have torn half a page out, then stuck it back into the series to make a new page.  I have used Tim Holtz Tissue Tape to stick it back in.  This is a really cool effect and adds another layer of dimension to your page.




Here is a close up of the torn pages.



Having the smaller pages can add so much more to your journal.  It helps to make it very easy to finish a page.  They are all separate pages on their own but are like a mini story.  




I have tired to keep the colour scheme similar throughout the pages.  I have also used a mix of Dylusions Inks and Dabber paints on all of the pages.



To finish off something a little weird again.  I also like the Girls with the Scissors near the page that is torn!!

Thanks for stopping by...

Tracey
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment