Sunday, April 8, 2012

Distress Embossing Powder...

Okay so I have been feeling a little inspired this Easter Weekend.  I have had this WOW ATC stand for a few weeks and have had no idea what I really wanted to do with it.  I have been doing a technique class online with Tim Holtz and he was using the Distress Embossing Powers.  Inspiration took over.


So I started with the raw stand.  I inked it with Black Soot Distress Ink.  I made sure that I gave it a really good inking.



I then poured on the Vintage Photo Distress Powder.  Using a heat gun you then make sure that you have completed the dried over the entire stand.  The best thing about Distress Emboss powder is that you cannot over heat it like ordinary embossing powder.  Once you have done this you need to let it cool.


Once cool you gently brush off the excess particles.  These do not get re-used.  This gives the coolest distress effect and I just love how the Black Soot Distress Ink shows through.


Here is a close up of the finished product.  It is so cool.

Thanks for stopping by...

Tracey
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That is a cool treatment. What did you use it for; what type of project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! I bought some pigment powders (?) at a yard sale. Shoe box full for $10. I just was drawn to them. Looking online to see how to use. I love this page with both projects. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete